General Visitor Information
General visiting hours are from 7 AM to 9 PM. For visitors in ICU and Surgery, please see the nursing supervisor. Children under 12 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
Sanitize hands before and after visiting to avoid bringing in and carrying out germs
- Please sanitize your hands when entering and exiting RMH facilities.
- Clean your hands after sneezing; coughing; touching your eyes, nose, or mouth; after using the restroom; and before and after eating and drinking.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or your sleeve.
- Do not sit on patient beds—even unoccupied beds—or handle equipment.
Stay home if you are sick
- Please do not visit if you are sick or have had ill symptoms within the last three days including nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, fever (or feeling feverish), uncontrolled cough, or rash. Make sure children are free from symptoms of infection (e.g., runny nose, sore throat, rash, cough, etc.).
- Talk to a nurse before entering a room with posted “Isolation Precautions.” You may need to wear a mask or other protective clothing.
Parking is available near the main entrance for patients and visitors. Emergency parking is available at the emergency entrance. If you are attending a special event or education program, use the Southeast parking lot.
Handicapped parking available at the main, emergency room and southeast entrances. Restrooms and conference rooms are handicapped accessible as well.
RMH provides interpretation services in a variety of languages and sign language. We also have accommodations for the hearing impaired. For more information, call the Emergency Room at (785) 229-8300 and ask for the nursing supervisor.
Ransom Memorial Hospital is a smoke-free facility/campus. Smoking is not allowed anywhere in the hospital building or on the grounds.
Food & Drink
The Ransom Bistro, located on the lower level is open daily 7-10 AM for breakfast and 11 AM - 2:00 PM for lunch. For more information about the Ransom Bistro, call (785) 229-8361. A vending machine is available.
Auxiliary Gift Shop
The Auxiliary Gift Shop is open Monday – Friday from 9 AM to 8 PM, Saturday from 9 AM to 5 PM, and Sunday from 1 PM to 5 PM. Located in the main lobby, the Gift Shop has a delightful selection of cards, gifts, snacks, fresh flowers, jewelry, clothing, baby and personal items. For more information, please call (785) 229-8297.