Contact this department: (785) 229-8343
Fax: (785) 229-8344
What is Occupational Therapy?
Occupational Therapy is skilled treatment that helps individuals achieve independence in all facets of their lives. It gives people the “skills for the job of living” necessary for independent and satisfying lives.
The Occupational Therapist may provide the following:
- Evaluation and treatment of neuromuscular, musculoskeletal, development disorders or work injuries;
- Education and training in performing daily living tasks;
- Sensorimotor treatments for increasing strength, endurance, range of motion, coordination and balance;
- Therapeutic activities for memory / perception, cognitive integration and daily life skills;
- Instruction and / or fabrication of adaptive equipment and
- Splint fabrication for proper positioning, facilitation of motion, spasticity and edema control and pain reduction.