Contact this department: (785) 229-8343
What is Physical Therapy?
Our physical therapists partner with our patients to help them reach their optimal independence.
Our therapists evaluate each patient’s needs and devise individualized therapeutic treatment programs, which may include:
- Therapeutic exercise programs to help increase muscle function, coordination, endurance and mobility;
- Gait and functional training for safety and independence;
- Muscle re-education to regain function;
- Joint and soft-tissue mobilization to increase range of motion;
- Pain management;
- Prosthetic training;
- Wound / scar management;
- Edema management;
- Patient and family education