Contact this department:
Cheryl Allen, RD,LD, CDE (785) 229-8365
Brenda Pfizenmaier, MS,RD,LD, CPT, CDE (785) 229-8458
Diabetes Education Office
Our Certified Diabetes Educators / Registered Dietitians are here to help you learn how to take care of yourself. They provide one on one counseling to help you reach your goals.
- Blood sugar monitoring
- Insulin self-management skills
- Injectable medications
- Oral medication self-management skills
- Hyperlipidemia — managing your cholesterol
- Nutrition counseling and meal planning
- Basic carbohydrate and protein information
- Gestational Diabetes — Diabetes counseling during pregnancy
- Insulin Pump Therapy
- Blood Pressure, Foot Care, Kidney Disease, Stress Management, Smoking & Behavioral Changes
- Goal setting and prevention of complications
Instruction on special diets, meal preparation, and nutrition management are available on an outpatient basis. Emphasis is placed on lifestyle changes including exercise that will benefit the entire family. Counseling will be individualized.
A physician referral is required to bill your insurance. Or self-pay is an option. Please call the numbers listed above to find out your options.