2016 Classes — (8am to 4pm, day one and 8am to 2pm, day two)
January 28th & 29th
May 19th & 20th
November 3rd & 4th
December 2nd (Recertification)
This class is 13 contact hours.
Mandatory pre-requisite Cardiac Dysrhythmia class MUST be taken for first time certification. All participants must have a current CPR card and be able to demonstrate proficiency in administering CPR. Classes will be held in Ransom Memorial Hospital Conference Rooms.
Upon successful completion of the Advanced Cardiac Life Support Class, the nurse and/or physician will be able to:
- Demonstrate proficiency in the medical management of witnessed and unwitnessed arrest
- Describe the use of an automated external defibrillator in an arrest situation
- Define the primary and secondary ABCD’s of ACLS
- Demonstrate the establishment of a patient airway, including use of airway devices and adjuncts
- Comprehend and apply Cardiac Arrest Algorithm, including the medications used and differentiate the causes
- Comprehend and apply the ACLS Algorithms for VF; Pulseless V-Tach; Asystole; and PEA
- Comprehend and apply the ACLS Algorithms for Bradycardia; Tachycardia – both stable and unstable; and Acute Coronary Syndromes
- Name the appropriate evaluation sequence for a patient presenting with signs and symptoms of a Stroke; including the thrombolytic therapy for Ischemic Stroke
- Demonstrate CPR skills including AED Use in classroom lab; Demonstrate proficiency to “Run-the-Code” using ACLS approach
- Achieve satisfactory score on the written exam
$250.00 for non RMH participants. 13 contact hours.
Preregistration and prepayment is required for all courses. Please call Merilee Queen at (785) 229-8310, if you have any questions concerning this or any Educational Courses provided by Ransom Memorial Hospital. Registration will not be completed until payment is received. Register early to guarantee a place in class.
An online pretest with a passing score is required to enter this class.
A full refund will be given if cancellation is made within 48 hours of scheduled class. No refund will be given after the 48 hour deadline. RMH reserves the right to cancel course due to low enrollment or extenuating circumstances with facilities, equipment, and instructors. All efforts will be made to notify registrants of the cancellation or class date change. In the event of such cancellation a full refund will be made.