Education is key for a positive birth experience.
Learn what you need to know for the best possible start to your baby’s life!
Cathy Booton, RN, CCE
Jenna Wight, RN, CCE
Mary Wishall, RN, CCE
Five class courses covering
· Nutrition · Tour of the Family Birth Place/Operating Room
· Discomforts of pregnancy · Cesarean birth
· Terminology · Postpartum
· Warning signs · Breathing and relaxation
· Prenatal exercises & body mechanics · Labor rehearsal
· Delivery of baby and placenta · Sexuality/Contraception
· Signs of approaching labor · Getting off to a good start
· False vs. true labor · How to know if baby is getting enough?
· Contractions · Positioning
· Stages and phases of labor · Problem interventions
· When to go to the hospital · Nutrition
· Film on childbirth · Pumping and storage
· Fetal heart monitor · Characteristics of breast milk
· Pushing – positions and breathing · Lifestyle
· Pumping and storage · Assessment
· Delivery of baby and placenta · When to seek help
· Characteristics of newborn
· Cord care
· Circumcision care
· Feeding cues
· Family life with baby
Participants should complete the class, if possible, 6 weeks before due date.
Register early to guarantee a place in class.
(Each Session consists of 5 classes and is located in the RMH Conference Rooms.)
2015 Classes – (Class time: 7:00pm – 9:00pm)
January 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th, and February 2nd
NOW OFFERING A ONE-DAY CLASS!
January 31st: 9AM-5PM
Breastfeeding is not included at the one-day class, but you can join the February 2nd evening breastfeeding class. Cost is the same as other session.
April 13th, 20th, 27th, May 4th, 11th
July 13th, 20th, 27th, August 3rd, 10th
October 5th, 12th,19th, 26th, November 2nd
$60.00. If delivering at RMH, participants will receive a voucher for $60.00 to be applied to your RMH bill after delivery. Please call Merilee Queen at (785) 229-8310 to preregister.
Preregistration and prepayment is required for all courses. (Registration will not be completed until payment is received.) Please call Merilee Queen at 785-229-8310 if you have any questions concerning this or any Educational Courses provided by Ransom Memorial Hospital. Register early to guarantee a place in class.
A full refund will be given if a complete session is cancelled within 48 hours of a scheduled session. RMH reserves the right to cancel a course due to low enrollment or extenuating circumstances with facilities equipment and instructors.