This class is four and one half (4.5) contact hours.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the national philosophy of neonatal resuscitation preparation.
- Identify necessary staff and equipment for every birth to ensure readiness for a complete resuscitation.
- Identify special post-resuscitation problems and possible management strategies.
- Demonstrate knowledge of neonatal resuscitation by successfully completing the NRP written evaluation.
- Demonstrate appropriate resuscitation procedures in proper sequence for a compromised newborn.
All Classes are held in RMH Conference Room C. Pre-registration is mandatory. An online pretest with a passing score is required to enter this class. Class size is limited, call early. Please call Merilee Queen at 785-229-8310 for more information.
No cost to RMH employees/affiliates; $150.00 to participants outside RMH. Please call Merilee Queen at (785) 229-8310 to preregister.
Preregistration and prepayment is required for all courses. Please call Merilee Queen at (785) 229-8310 if you have any questions concerning this or any Educational Courses provided by Ransom Memorial Hospital. Registration will not be completed until payment received. Register early to guarantee a place in class.
A full refund will be given if cancellation is made within 48 hours of a scheduled class. No refund will be given after the 48 hour deadline. RMH reserves the right to cancel a course due to low enrollment or extenuating circumstances with facilities, equipment, and instructors. All efforts will be made to notify registrants of the cancellation or a change. In the event of such cancellation a full refund will be made. RMH reserves the right to replace a scheduled instructor with an equally qualified instructor in emergencies.