The Purpose of this Scholarship Is:
To encourage any resident of Franklin County who is interested in a health-related career to pursue the necessary education, and hopefully find employment to meet the health needs of this County.
- Must have a permanent address in Franklin County, and/or an employee of Ransom Memorial Health. Please note, if married, you and your spouse must have a Franklin County address unless you are an employee of RMH.
- Must be enrolled in or accepted in a health-related program which is offered by an accredited institution; basic pre-requisite courses such as general education classes, pre-med, or pre-nursing are not acceptable.
- Cumulative grade point average must be 3.00 or above from the most recent school attended.
- Money may be used for the upcoming Summer 2019, Fall 2019 or Spring 2020 semesters.
- Applicants must reapply each year. This is not an automatic renewal.
- Applications may be filled out online and printed using the link below. (Please read all instructions first)
- Only computer printed or typed applications will be accepted. No handwritten applications will be accepted.
- Applications must be postmarked by Friday, March 1, 2019. No applications will be considered if postmarked after this date.
- Two signed letters of recommendation must accompany this application. Neither reference letter may be provided by an immediate family member. Without these recommendations the application will not be considered.
- Submit copy of official transcript from the most recent school attended with the completed application.
- Submit copy of acceptance letter from an accredited two-year or four-year school that offers a healthcare curriculum.
- Return completed application, transcript, acceptance letter and two letters of recommendation to:
Director of Volunteer Services
Ransom Memorial Health
1301 South Main Street
Ottawa, KS 66067
- The applicant will be willing to arrange an interview with members of the Scholarship Committee, if requested.
Click here for the scholarship application