Diabetes Education Office
Our Certified Diabetes Educator/Registered Dietitian is here to help you learn how to take care of yourself. They provide one on one counseling to help you reach your goals.
Brenda Pfizenmaier, MS,RD,LD, CPT, CDE
To schedule an appointment, please call (785) 229-8438
- Blood sugar monitoring
- Insulin self-management skills
- Injectable medications
- Oral medication self-management skills
- Hyperlipidemia — managing your cholesterol
- Nutrition counseling and meal planning
- Carbohydrate and protein information
- Gestational Diabetes — Diabetes counseling during pregnancy
- Insulin Pump Therapy
- Blood Pressure, Foot Care, Kidney Disease, Stress Management, Smoking & Behavioral Changes
- Goal setting and prevention of complications
Instruction on special diets, meal preparation, and nutrition management are available on an outpatient basis. Emphasis is placed on lifestyle changes including exercise that will benefit the entire family. Counseling will be individualized.
A physician referral is usually required to bill your insurance. Self-pay is also an option. Please call (785) 229-8438 for more information.