What is Lymphedema?
An accumulation of protein-rich fluid caused by a compromised lymphatic system.
Treatment of Lymphedema include:
- Manual Lymph Drainage
- Compression Therapy (Bandaging & Compression Garment)
- Skin and Nail Care
Causes of Lymphedema:
- Abnormal development of the
- Surgery/Radiation for Cancer
- Chronic Venous Insufficiency
Signs & Symptoms of Lymphedema:
- Slow or rapid onset of swelling
- Progressive swelling
- Pitting of skin
- Heaviness of arm or leg
- Skin changes
What Results Can I Expect?
- Independently manage your lymphedema
- Decreased swelling
- Decreased heaviness/discomfort
- Improvement in skin
- Decreased risk of infection
Gollier Rehabilitation & Wellness Center
901 S. Main St.
Ottawa, KS 66067
Office: (785) 229-8343
Fax: (785) 229-8344
Director of Rehabilitation Services:
Bill Pfizenmaier, MS, PT, ATCL:
Office: (785) 229-3364