Where Families Are Born
From the time you become pregnant through the birth of your baby, there are many important decisions and new transitions you will make. Your physician and the staff will work together to make your pregnancy, birth and new family experience all that you want it to be, while focusing on family-centered care. Our nurses, educators and patient care staff are warm, understanding and always available to make you comfortable and to answer any questions you may have.
The Labor and Delivery room where you will have your baby is comfortable and beautifully decorated. Each spacious room is furnished in a peaceful setting and has all that you need for a safe, comfortable delivery. We feel that it is important that you keep your baby with you and we promote skin-to-skin contact after delivery for both vaginal and cesarean deliveries. RMH Family Birth Place’s “private suites” are designed for you to labor and deliver and stay in the same room with your baby.
Ransom Memorial Health was recently designated a High 5 for Mom & Baby Hospital, which is a state-wide initiative designed to help Kansas hospitals implement maternity care practices that support breastfeeding.
RMH Family Birth Place has:
- Comfortable, home-like environment combined with state of the art technology to take care of your family
- Hugs® Infant Protection System
- Newborn observation area for newborns requiring special attention
- In-room Jacuzzi available
- Many options for pain control, including epidurals, or support for natural delivery if desired
- Childbirth education classes
- Family-friendly environment
- Unique newborn photographs
- Dedicated, skilled staff to help you carry out your individual birth plan
- Certified Breastfeeding Educator on Staff
- Breastfeeding Support
- Follow-up weight checks to ensure healthy babies
RMH Family Birth Place
1301 S. Main St.
Ottawa, KS 66067
Call to schedule a private tour!
Office: (785) 229-8810
Director of Inpatient Services:
Kelli Boetel RN, CNOR
Office: (785) 229-8273
Family Birth Place Coordinator:
Samantha Fast, BSN, RNC-OB
Office: (785) 229-8847