The Personal Touch
Ransom Memorial Hospital is pleased to provide the support service of one full-time Licensed Master Social Worker and a PRN trained designee to assist patients in handling the social, emotional, and discharge planning needs that arise as a result of a hospitalization. Additionally, RMH social worker or trained designee is available to provide education and assistance with completing Advance Medical Directives.
Planning for Your Hospital Discharge
When the discharge plan is expected to be complex, a social worker or trained designee is often involved. A discharge planner will meet with you and your family early in your stay to evaluate your needs and help determine resources available which can help you prepare and plan for your care after you leave the hospital. Factors in assessment include:
- Physical and emotional needs at the time of discharge
- Amount of assistance available from family and other informal support systems
- Resources available in the community to assist with your care
- Financial resources
As a part of the discharge plan, the discharge planner can help you obtain a variety of services such as:
- Durable medical equipment
- Homemaker and attendant care services
- Hospice care
- Personal emergency response systems
- Nursing home and skilled nursing home placement
- Other community services for which you may qualify
The RMH social services personnel have received training to provide education and assistance in completing advance medical directive forms, also known as Living Wills and Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care Decisions forms. This service is available to patients and their families upon request.
Ransom Memorial Health
1301 S. Main St.
Ottawa, KS 66067
Director of Social Services:
Julie Janssen, LMSW
Office: (785) 229-8283